The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Cooperative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, June 27, 2022.
Trustees present were: Bob Pierson, Neil Gould, Bill Croy, Kevin Logan, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Czyzewski, Frank Herman, Josh Schnepper and Evan Smith. Also present were: Matt Conklin, CEO, and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided, and Neil Gould acted as secretary thereof.
The invocation was given by Frank Herman and was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes;
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 10 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 10 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
REVIEWED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- REVIEWED, the Work Orders;
- REVIEWED, the Disbursements;
- REVIEWED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the CRC Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the NCSC Report from the Board.
APPROVED, the June write-offs.
WERE ADVISED, one of the Youth to Washington attendees cannot attend.
APPROVED, using the $1500 from the Youth to Washington cancellation to create three additional $500 scholarships for youth at the Annual Meeting.
APPROVED, purchasing a new server.
WERE UPDATED, on the CFC Report from the Board.
WERE UPDATED, on NRECA News and the NRECA Report.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding SIPC Board Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding AIEC Meeting.
WERE UPDATED, on Board Training and Events, specifically the Region 5 meeting, AIEC Annual Meeting, and Board class 971.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Matt Conklin as to the following:
- Monthly Reconciliation;
- SIPC Power Delivered in May 2022;
- May 2022 Cash Flow;
- Line Loss;
- May 2022 Form 7;
- May 2022 Balance Sheet.
REVIEWED, the Safety Report for the month of June.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning safety meeting held June 27, 2022.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Matt Conklin on the following topics:
- Contractor Update with pictures;
- IRS Mileage Change;
- Clay Electric System Wire;
- Solar Farm Update;
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings.
DISCUSSED, the Contractor Update and reviewed pictures.
WERE INFORMED, the IRS mileage rate has changed to .625 beginning July 1, 2022.
REVIEWED, the Clay Electric System Wire including maps of 3 Phase Conductor and 1 Phase Conductor.
HEARD an update on the Solar Farm territory issues and reviewed the Maple Flats Map.
REVIEWED, the Operations Report.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on July 25, 2022, August 29, 2022, September 26, 2022, and October 31, 2022 at 7:00 p.m., as well as the Annual Meeting on August 25, 2022.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:35 P.M.