The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Cooperative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022.
Trustees present were: Bob Pierson, Neil Gould, Bill Croy, Kevin Logan, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Herman, Josh Schnepper and Evan Smith. Also present were: Matt Conklin, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. Frank Czyzewski was absent. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Neil Gould, acted as secretary thereof.
The invocation was given by Richard Rudolphi and was followed by the pledge of allegiance.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes;
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 11 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 17 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
REVIEWED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- REVIEWED, the Work Orders;
- REVIEWED, the Disbursements;
- REVIEWED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Quarterly Loan Payment;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Memorandum.
APPROVED, the Clay County Water Management Agreement at $3,282.17 per month for a ninety day trial period.
WERE UPDATED, on the CFC Report from the Board.
WERE UPDATED, on NRECA News and dues increase.
APPROVED, the NRECA dues increase.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding SIPC Board Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding AIEC Meeting.
WERE UPDATED, on the Region 5 meeting.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Matt Conklin as to the following:
- Monthly Reconciliation;
- SIPC Power Delivered in July 2022;
- July 2022 Cash Flow;
- Line Loss;
- July 2022 Form 7;
- July 2022 Balance Sheet;
REVIEWED the Safety Report for the month of June.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning Safety meeting.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Matt Conklin on the following topics:
- UUS Patronage Capital Credit;
- Contractor Update;
- Employee Retention Tax Credit;
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings.
REVIEWED, the UUS Patronage Capital Credit payment.
HEARD an update on the Contractors progress in changing poles and installing new wire.
REVIEWED, the Operations Report.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on September 26, 2022, October 24, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. and November 28, 2022 and December 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. as well as the Annual Meeting on August 25, 2022.
REVIEWED, a thank you card from the Stanley Family.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:48 p.m.