Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - September 23, 2019
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 6:55 o’clock p.m. on Monday, September 23, 2019.
Trustees present were: Frank Czyzewski, Kevin Logan, Bill Croy, Bob Pierson, Richard Rudolphi, Neil Gould, Greg Smith, Danny Schnepper and Frank Herman. Also present were Luke Johnson, CEO; Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board; Adam McKnight, Member Services Manager; and Jason Strong with CFC. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Greg Smith, Secretary, acted as secretary thereof.
The invocation was given by Frank Czyzewski, followed by the pledge of allegiance.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded, and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
HEARD, from Jason Strong with CFC regarding the Cost of Service Study. Thereafter, at 8:15 p.m., Jason Strong left the meeting.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes, with the corrected date for the Safety Meeting;
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 11 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those seven former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the AIEC Regulatory Compliance;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Litigation;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Report.
- APPROVED, the deceased estates
APPROVED, the Agreement for Purchase of Power for Cory Anderson. Bob Pierson abstained from the vote.
APPROVED, the CFC line of Credit Resolution and Agreement with the date changed to September 23, 2019.
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Bids for Truck #1 Replacement.
APPROVED, the Dan Hecht bid for Replacement of Truck #1.
APPROVED, the CoBank line of credit renewal and Agreement and Promissory Note.
DISCUSSED, two member requests to come to the November 25, 2019 meeting as well as one member request to come to the December 23, 2019 meeting.
APPROVED, the requests by members to attend the November and December meetings. Each member to be given a 15 minute block of time to present to the board. Thereafter, at 8:45 p.m., Adam McKnight left the meeting.
REVIEWED, the AIEC Financial Report.
HEARD, about upcoming training.
At 9 p.m., APPROVED, entering into Executive Session.
At 9:15 p.m., APPROVED exiting Executive Session and returning to Regular Session.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- August 2019 Form 7;
- August 2019 Balance Sheet;
- August 2019 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in August 2019 dated September 6, 2019;
- August 2019 Power Factor;
- August Power Cost Adder;
- August Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation.
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of August.
REVIEWED, the Federated Safety Assessment dated August 21, 2019.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning safety meeting sheet dated September 16, 2019.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
- September Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings
REVIEWED, the September Operations Report.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on October 28, 2019 at 7 p.m. in the Clay Board Room and November 25, 2019 and December 23, 2019 at 1 p.m. in the Clay Board Room. The Christmas Party will be December 16, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at Johnny and Junes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 9:37 p.m.