Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - October 28, 2019
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, Oct. 28, 2019.
Trustees present were Kevin Logan, Bill Croy, Bob Pierson, Richard Rudolphi, Neil Gould, Greg Smith, Danny Schnepper and Frank Herman. Also present were CEO Luke Johnson and Tyra Cycholl, attorney for the board. Frank Czyzewski was absent. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided, and Greg Smith, Secretary, acted as secretary thereof.
The invocation was given by Richard Rudolphi, followed by the pledge of allegiance.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded, and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 11 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 7 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- APPROVED, the Insurance Certificate;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Report.
- REVIEWED, the Clay Power Factor;
- REVIEWED, the October Compliance Exchange.
APPROVED, Luke Johnson as the RSI Delegate.
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Solar Policy.
APPROVED, a member request to come to the Nov. 25, 2019 meeting. Said member or their representative will be allowed fifteen minutes to present their issues to the board.
REVIEWED, the CFC Line of Credit and CFC Capital Credit check.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding the SIPC Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Meeting.
HEARD, about upcoming training.
At 7:31 p.m., APPROVED, entering into Executive Session.
At 7:55 p.m., APPROVED exiting Executive Session and returning to Regular Session.
APPROVED, a resolution regarding the CEO Luke Johnson’s salary for 2020.
HEARD the 2020 Budget Preview as to the following:
- New AMI;
- Capital Items;
- Capital Credits;
- Budget Forecast;
- Budget Sources of Funds and Capital Expenditures.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- September 2019 Form 7;
- September 2019 Balance Sheet;
- September 2019 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in September 2019 dated October 6, 2019;
- September 2019 Power Factor;
- September Power Cost Adder;
- September Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation.
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of September, including the October Safety Committee Report and New Substation Sign
REVIEWED, the Monday morning safety meeting sheet dated Oct. 21, 2019.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics:
- October Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- CFC Rate Increase;
- Upcoming meetings
REVIEWED, the October Operations Report.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
REVIEWED, the CFC Rate Increase.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on Nov. 25, 2019, Dec. 23, 2019 and Jan. 27, 2020 at 1 p.m. in the Clay board room. The Christmas party will be Dec. 16, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at Johnny and Junes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:45 p.m.