Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - October 26, 2020
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, October 26, 2020.
Trustees present were: Kevin Logan, Bob Pierson, Bill Croy, Greg Smith, Neil Gould, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Czyzewski and Frank Herman. Also present were: Luke Johnson, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. Danny Schnepper was present via conference call. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Greg Smith, acted as secretary thereof.
The pledge of allegiance was recited followed by the invocation, given by Bill Croy.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded, and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 10 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 6 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the NCSC Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the NRECA Board Report.
APPROVED, the Purchase Power Agreements presented.
REVIEWED, the Virtual District 5 meeting and DISCUSSED any issues with the meeting.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding the SIPC Meeting and Budget discussions.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Meeting.
HEARD, the 2021 Budget preview from Luke Johnson.
DISCUSSED, the 2021 Budget regarding Capital Credit Payback, Capital Items, Donations and the overall 2021 Budget.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- September 2020 Form 7;
- September 2020 Balance Sheet;
- September 2020 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in July 2020 dated Oct. 9, 2020;
- August Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation.
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of May.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning Safety meeting held Oct. 19, 2020.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
- Clay Annual Meeting;
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings.
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Clay Annual Meeting, the Board commended Luke Johnson and Adam McKnight on a job well done.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on Nov. 23, 2020, Dec. 28, 2020 and Jan. 25, 2021 at 1 p.m. in the Clay Board Room.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:53 p.m.