Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - November 23, 2020
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Cooperative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 1:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, November 23, 2020.
Trustees present were: Kevin Logan, Bob Pierson, Bill Croy, Danny Schnepper, Neil Gould, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Czyzewski and Frank Herman. Also present were: Luke Johnson, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Neil Gould, acted as secretary thereof.
The pledge of allegiance was recited followed by the invocation, given by Luke Johnson.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
- APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
- APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 16 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 7 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the NRECA Board Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report from the Board.
NOMINATED and APPROVED, Neil Gould as the new secretary.
NOMINATED and APPROVED, Bob Pierson as the new SIPC board member.
APPROVED, the SIPC Resolution to appoint Bob Pierson as the new SIPC board member.
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED per diem for Clay Meetings and AIEC and SIPC meetings.
APPROVED, CECI, AIEC and SIPC per diem rates.
REVIEWED, the One Card Rebate from CFC.
REVIEWED, the CFC Quarterly Loan Payment.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding the SIPC Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Meeting.
REVIEWED, attendance at the AIEC Training.
HEARD, the 2021 Budget preview from Luke Johnson regarding Capital Credit payback, Capital items, Donations and the overall 2021 Budget.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- October 2020 Form 7;
- October 2020 Balance Sheet;
- October 2020 Cash Flow;
- Check from Jeff Davis Cooperative for Hurricane payment;
- SIPC Power Delivered in October 2020 dated Nov. 9, 2020;
- October Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation.
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of May.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning Safety meeting held Nov. 16, 2020.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- ACRE Achievement Award;
- Upcoming meetings.
REVIEWED, the Operations Report.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
REVIEWED, the ACRE Achievement Award.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on Dec. 28, 2020, Jan. 25, 2020 and Feb. 22, 2020 at 1 p.m. in the Clay board room.
REVIEWED, thank you cards.
DISCUSSED, the open director seat. Will discuss nominations at the next scheduled meeting.
There being no further business to come before the board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 3:22 p.m.