Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - June 22, 2020
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Trustees present were: Kevin Logan, Bob Pierson, Bill Croy, Danny Schnepper, Greg Smith, Neil Gould, Richard Rudolphi, and Frank Herman. 12467-001 Also present were: Luke Johnson, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. Frank Czyzewski participated via conference/zoom call. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Greg Smith, acted as secretary thereof.
The pledge of allegiance was recited followed by the invocation, given by Bob Pierson.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
- APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
- APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, the special meeting minutes of June 11, 2020.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 12 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 7 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the CFC Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the NCSC Board Report;
- REVIEWED, the NRECA Board Report.
- APPROVED, the June 2020 write-offs.
- OPENED, the sealed bids for the generator, Truck and Power Washer.
- APPROVED, the high bids for the pressure washer, the truck and the generator.
- REVIEWED and APPROVED, Policy 300-9 Capital Credits Policy.
- REVIEWED and APPROVED, Policy 1000-5, option 1 for Large Commercial Rate.
- HEARD, a report by Luke Johnson regarding the SIPC Meeting.
- HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Meeting.
- WERE REMINDED, the AIEC meeting will be July 23, 2020 via Zoom.
- HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- May 2020 Form 7;
- May 2020 Balance Sheet;
- May 2020 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in May 2020 dated June 8, 2020;
- May Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation;
- HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of May.
- REVIEWED, the Monday morning safety meeting sheet held June 15, 2020.
- HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
- Clay Annual Meeting;
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings.
- REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Clay Annual Meeting due to COVID-19.
- REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
- WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on, July 27, 2020, and Aug. 31, 2020, and Sept. 28, 2020 at 7 p.m. in the Clay Board Room.
- REVIEWED, a Thank you note from Steve Lewis.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:40 p.m.