Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - July 27, 2020
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 6:57 o’clock p.m. on Monday, July 27, 2020.
Trustees present were: Kevin Logan, Bob Pierson, Bill Croy, Danny Schnepper, Greg Smith, Neil Gould, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Czyzewski and Frank Herman. Also present were: Luke Johnson, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Greg Smith, acted as secretary thereof.
The pledge of allegiance was recited followed by the invocation, given by Danny Schnepper.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 12 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 4 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the Regulatory Compliance Exchange Report;
- REVIEWED, the CRC Update.
APPROVED, the Agreement for Purchase of Power for Glen Fulk.
DISCUSSED, the minimum amount due to enter into an Agreement for Purchase of Power.
APPROVED, the KVA charge correction for two accounts and will refund the overcharged amount.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding the SIPC Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Financials.
DISCUSSED, the AIEC meeting held virtually.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- June 2020 Form 7;
- June 2020 Balance Sheet;
- June 2020 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in June 2020 dated July 8, 2020;
- June Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation;
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of May.
REVIEWED, the Monday morning safety meeting sheet held July 20, 2020.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
Clay Annual Meeting;
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Clay Annual Meeting due to COVID-19.
APPROVED, postponing the Clay Annual Meeting until Oct. 22, 2020 to be held virtually.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on, Sept. 28, 2020, and Oct. 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. in the Clay Board Room.
APPROVED, moving the August board meeting to Aug. 24, 2020 at 7 p.m. in the Clay Board Room.
REVIEWED, Thank You notes.
APPROVED, spending up to $2,500 for audio visual equipment for virtual meetings.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:16 p.m.