Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meeting - August 24, 2020
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc. (CECI) was held at the Clay Electric Co-operative Headquarters, Flora, Illinois beginning at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, August 24, 2020.
Trustees present were Kevin Logan, Bob Pierson, Bill Croy, Danny Schnepper, Greg Smith, Neil Gould, Richard Rudolphi, Frank Czyzewski and Frank Herman. Also present were Luke Johnson, CEO and Tyra Cycholl, Attorney for the Board. 14048-001 The meeting was opened by Bob Pierson, who presided and Greg Smith, acted as secretary thereof.
The pledge of allegiance was recited followed by the invocation, given by Frank Czyzewski.
The following proceedings were had [all action being first duly moved and seconded and all action taken being upon the unanimous vote of the Board or without dissenting vote of abstention unless otherwise stated]:
APPROVED, the Suggested Agenda.
APPROVED, the Consent Agenda including the following:
- APPROVED, the prior meeting minutes.
- APPROVED, (a) to admit to membership those 18 applicants connected for service since the last such review by the board, and (b) cancel those 12 former members shown on the Manager’s Report since the last such review by the Board, said members no longer taking service;
- APPROVED, the Work Orders;
- APPROVED, the Disbursements;
- APPROVED, the Credit Card Statements;
- REVIEWED, the Attorney Retainer;
- REVIEWED, the Account Summary Report;
- REVIEWED, the Federated Report from the Board;
- REVIEWED, the Regulatory Compliance Exchange Report.
APPROVED, the two COVID-19 Deferred Payment Agreements.
APPROVED, the deceased estates.
APPROVED, the Agreement for Purchase of Power for Josh Schnepper. Danny Schnepper abstained from this vote.
APPROVED, Policy 900-1 as presented.
REVIEWED, the Quarterly Loan Payment to CFC.
REVIEWED, the CFC Board Report.
HEARD, that the Region meetings will be held virtually.
HEARD, the NRECA 2021 Annual Meeting in San Diego is canceled, but will be held virtually.
HEARD, a report by Frank Herman regarding the SIPC Meeting.
HEARD, a report by Kevin Logan regarding the AIEC Meeting.
HEARD and APPROVED, a financial report by Luke Johnson as to the following:
- July 2020 Form 7;
- July 2020 Balance Sheet;
- July 2020 Cash Flow;
- SIPC Power Delivered in June 2020 dated Aug. 7, 2020;
- June Line Loss;
- Monthly Reconciliation;
HEARD, a Safety Report for the month of May.
HEARD and APPROVED, the Manager’s report by Luke Johnson on the following topics.
- Clay Annual Meeting;
- Operations Report;
- Communications Report;
- Upcoming meetings.
REVIEWED and DISCUSSED, the Special Digital Annual Meeting postponement to Oct. 22 due to COVID-19.
REVIEWED, the Communications Report.
WERE REMINDED, of upcoming meetings on, Sept. 28, 2020, Oct. 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. in the Clay Board Room and Nov. 23, 2020 at 1 p.m. in the Clay Board Room.
There being no further business to come before the Board, said meeting was declared adjourned at 8:25 p.m.